Congregational Care Ministry
Mike Kendrick, Congregational Care Pastor
Elder Shepherding and Prayer | The Elders and Lay Shepherds meet each month primarily to pray for you. We consider this a great privilege and calling. Please let us know of specific requests by contacting your elder, lay shepherd or Pastor Mike Kendrick. We are here to help. Please call or email Pastor Mike Kendrick, 239-597-3464.
Covenant Church of Naples Elders are elected by the congregation to provide spiritual leadership, guidance, governance, and encouragement. Some Elders serve in the areas of governance and oversight while others serve as congregational shepherds who personally minister to 8-10 Covenant families. These Shepherding Elders develop personal relationships with each family member to provide guidance for spiritual growth, support, resourcing, and prayer. Elder Shepherds minister to Covenant families through:
- Personal contact
- Regular prayer
- Resourcing families as necessary within the body and with other Covenant ministries
- Hospital visitation and emergency aid
- And, if necessary, restoration to the body
Covenant Deacons, serve the needs of the body. If you’re in need of assistance, call the church office, 239-597-3464. Here are a few of the services that we offer:
- Deacon's Fund: Assistance for short term financial issues, funded monthly by the Deacon Fund Offering (2nd Sunday of each month)
- Moving Assistance: Joint ministry with Covenant Men; please allow at least one week’s advanced notice
- Home Repair: For those with financial or physical challenges
- Transportation: Offering transportation to church, doctor, store or nearby community
Covenant Counseling Center
Covenant Counseling Center works in tandem with the vision and mission of Covenant Church to provide biblically-based, confidential, professional counseling and preventive services.
While never wavering from a foundation of biblical truth, our licensed professional counselors integrate specialized training in mental, emotional, and relational dynamics to graciously lead individuals towards healing and restoration.
To learn more about counseling or to schedule your confidential appointment, please contact our center at 239.591.4354 or complete the form below.
As an investment in successful outcomes, clients will be asked to pay a fee that demonstrates a serious commitment to the counseling process. A fee schedule based on income will be confidentially and compassionately established prior to the first counseling session.
Charlene Richardson, MA, Director, email or call (239) 591-4354
Licensed Mental Health Counselor [License MH14330]
Stephen Ministry | Christ Caring for People, through People
Stephen Ministry is a ministry of care for individuals in our church and community. Stephen Ministers are trained to listen, pray, encourage, and keep one’s strictest confidence.
Covenant’s Stephen Ministry are ready to care for you or someone you may know experiencing…
- Loss of a loved one
- Retirement changes
- Separation and divorce
- Terminal illness
- Being shut-in
Who is a Stephen Minister?
- selected, trained and supervised by Stephen leaders to provide effective Christian care
- committed to 50 hours of training and ongoing supervisory meetings to provide quality Christian care
- meets on average one 1-hour per week with the person receiving their care
- provides confidential care and continuous contact with those receiving care, to maintain the body of trust between the person receiving care and the caregiver
a cross, a circle | a broken person, a whole person
The broken person symbolizes the brokenness in our lives.
The whole person in front of the cross symbolizes the wholeness we receive through the cross of Jesus.
The circle symbolizes God’s unending love.
Stephen Ministers are prepared to help you realize the wholeness of Christ even in your difficult experience. Please call 239.597.3464 and speak to Stephen Leaders, Pastor Mike, Charlene Richardson, or Judy Caldwell if you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister.
Lost a loved one? The Apostle Paul encourages us not to rejoice or grieve alone. We need the support of our family. GriefShare is 13-session support group study to assist those who have lost loved ones. It provides the support of the group, encouragement from experts in grief counseling, and a time of personal reflection and sharing.
Sundays | 9:15 -10:30 AM | FH222