Compassionate co-laborers reaching out in mercy
“Mercy to the full range of human needs is such an essential mark of being a Christian that it can be used as a test of true faith.” Pastor Tim Keller, Ministries of Mercy
Mercy Ministry Vision | Covenant Church of Naples will be well known for reaching out in mercy to those overwhelmed with life situations and spiritual needs.
Mercy Ministry Mission | Provide immediate short term relief, long term development toward self-sufficiency, and an introduction to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
What is mercy?
“Mercy is compassion toward those who are in need, resulting in action to alleviate that need through acts of charity leading toward self-sustainment. Mercy consists of two parts: charity or relief and development. Mercy in the form of relief is the response of love to immediate human needs. Development is mercy extended to the poor in ways that empower them to help themselves, not only so they can become independent, but also to be merciful to others.” Randy Nabors, Merciful
What is Mercy Ministry?
At Covenant, the Diaconate coordinates, leads and trains volunteers as we reach out in mercy through:
- Short Term Relief | Relief in the form of financial and spiritual assistance to meet an immediate or short-term crisis.
- Long Term Development | Assistance that empowers an individual or family toward independence and self-sustainability.
- Widows and Widowers, Senior Singles | Compassionate support and spiritual love to our elder members in need.
- Physical Assistance | Home repair, transportation & moving
And YOU can be part of Mercy Ministry!
• Contribute to the Mercy Ministry Fund | The 1st Sunday of each month, we collect a special fund to meet the financial needs of those seeking relief. If you are not in attendance on the 1st Sunday and would like to donate to the fund, please send your check, payable to Covenant Church of Naples, and mark “Mercy Ministry” in the memo. Mail to Covenant Church of Naples, 6926 Trail Blvd, Naples, FL 34108.
• Volunteer in Mercy Ministry |We are all called to reach out in mercy! As Tim Keller says, “Mercy is not optional or an addition to being a Christian.” Is the Lord tugging at your heart of compassion for those seeking relief? Contact Ed Stranberg, email@example.com, or (239) 494-3421 or Michael Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 826-1057.
- Adhere to Biblical principles
- Maintain total confidentiality
- Respect those served
- Avoid contributing to a cycle of dependency
- Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Serve without discrimination.
- Comply with all church policies & procedures
Mercy Ministry is directed and supported by the Covenant Church of Naples Diaconate** which oversees:
- Worship service ushering
- Sunday parking assistance
- Assists with care of church property
- Emergency medical assistance, security and disaster relief Community ministry support
- Widow and Widowers, and Senior Singles
- Transportation assistance
- Home repair
- Household relocation & moving assistance
**Click here for a full list of previous and active Covenant Deacons.