Worship and Music Ministry
Jason Sirvatka, Worship and Music Director
Winter/Spring 2017 Choir Schedule: Click here for the complete schedule.
Worship and Music Ministry exists to connect people to God in meaningful and heartfelt ways. Through a variety of music, arts programming, and testimony, we gather each Sunday to publicly declare God’s worth and strive to display the truth of who He is and what He is doing here in Naples and around the world. Jason Sirvatka serves as Music Director and Bill Barnett, as the Traditional Worship Service Leader.
Covenant Worship and Music Ministry offers three choral opportunities including Traditional Choir, Contemporary Choir, and Special Event Choir.
- Traditional Choir is usually scheduled annually between Labor Day and Memorial Day
- Sing every 3rd Sunday with a few exceptions, at the 11:00 AM service only
- Rehearsals usually consist of two rehearsals for each Sunday service, normally on Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6:30 PM (must attend at least 1 rehearsal to be eligible to sing)
- Participants should be familiar with reading music, although this is not required
- Music style consists of hymns, choral arrangement, and classic praise choruses
- Sings 4 - 6 times throughout the year
- Usually sings at the 9:00 AM service only
- Rehearsals usually consist of two rehearsals for each Sunday service, on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM (must attend at least 1 rehearsal to be eligible)
- Reading music is helpful but not required
- Music style is primarily contemporary Christian
Special Event Choir & Gospel Choir
- Some holidays and other non-Sunday occasions or specially-themed Sundays
- Music style is primarily contemporary for Special Event Choir though some services include both traditional and contemporary and gospel oriented for the Gospel Choir
- Rehearsals are scheduled according to the event type
- Reading music helpful but not required
- Participants should be willingness to serve all services specified by the occasion
If you have any interest at all in finding out what it would mean to share your music and worship talents with the church, please email Jason Sirvatka.
Ryan Young, Technical Director
Vision & Mission
A community of technical artists using passion with excellence to create transformative moments, facilitating an encounter with God in an atmosphere of captivating worship.
Some of the ways to get involved...
Audio: Do you have a discriminating ear for music and all things audio? Help enhance the listening environment of our musicians, congregants, and on-line community. Tutorial Link: Click Here »
Stage Hand: Are you the person everyone wants to hang out with? Help out band members with their monitor mixes, show people where to stand on stage, and make sure it all looks clean and tidy. Everyone will want to be on your stage!
Media Duplication: Jesus multiplied fish and loaves, you can multiply CDs. Make sure the gospel is shared over and over by creating copies of sermon CDs using our easy-to-learn duplicators.
Video Director: Are you a big picture kind of person? Use your ability to look at many details to direct a team of people to create an immersive online video experience.
PCO Live: Are you the most punctual person you know? Help keep those on stage informed of their punctuality or lack thereof while keeping the production crew on track with what’s up next. Tutorial Video: Click Here »
Lighting: Do you have an artful eye for color and contrast? Has anyone told you that you light up a room? Learn to design an immersive worship experience using light, color, and texture. Tutorial Link: Click Here »
Projection: Do you cringe when you see typos? Do you fret when the words you’re hearing don’t match on screen? Use your editorial inclination to create expressive word slides through the use of fonts, backgrounds, and videos. Tutorial Link: Click Here »
Cameras: Do you love to play video games? Control four PTZ cameras via joystick while trying to keep the pastors in frame. Who knew your gaming mastery would be sought after at church? Tutorial Link: Click Here »
Video Switching: Do you like to multitask? Use your genius to switch between several live video feeds, add keyed layered content and capture it all for the world to see! Seek to become a rare gem of multitasking Jedi mastery. Tutorial Link: Click Here »
Worship and Rehearsal Schedule:
Contemporary Service, Sundays @9:00 AM
- Midweek rehearsal @ 6:30 PM on Wednesday
- Sunday morning rehearsal @ 7:20 AM on Sunday
Traditional Service, Sundays @11:00 AM
- Midweek rehearsal @ 5 PM on Thursday
- Setup & sound check at 10:30 AM on Sunday